I’ve been jamming on the actual quilting part of making the quilt for the past few weeks. I started in the center of the quilt (having received sage advice from my mother and YouTube tutorials) and the center 9 squares have the orange peel stitch. The first circle took about 1.5 hours to get right. I was worried for the rest of the quilt that it was going to take a looooooong time to finish.
Each other circle of the orange peel pattern took considerably less time and I really learned quickly to let go of worrying about minor flaws. Nearly every night I have been adding new stitches, getting closer and closer to finishing the quilting process. Oh, I've also been getting loads of help …
I also decided with this lovely quilt that plastic buttons wouldn't look all that great, so I found wood buttons on Etsy that I'll be dyeing or painting blue.